Ombré/powder brows post procedure
Always with clean hands, rinse the brows with sterile water 30 mins after your treatment. That will remove all the lymph and previously applied cream. Apply a very thin layer of ointment. Gently repeat 2-3 times a day. Never harshly rub the area. If you have oily skin only apply ointment once a day.
- Do not let your brows dry out. Keeping the area moistened is important for color retention. First 7 days avoid excessive sweating, saunas, swimming, facials, face creams, exfoliants, or harsh chemicals near your brows, prolonged water contact during the healing process. Avoid foundation on the forehead or eye area.
- Do not pick at any scabbing or skin on the eyebrows. This may cause major damage and premature loss of pigment. Begin using SPF again on day 8.
- Next 30 days avoid chemical peels, retin-a, aha’s, fruit acids, laser treatments on face.
- Normal activity can be resumed immediately except above mentioned activities.
- You may notice skin flaking and that the color has faded over the next few days. This is normal and to be expected. The crisp strokes may soften. People with oily skin may notice “blurred” strokes. We can modify and discuss this at your touch-up appointment. If you feel the colour is completely gone, please note the colour may actually come back in time. We can make adjustments at your next appointment.
- 7 days afterwards, the brows tend to lose about 40-50% of its intensity. You must be patient while the colour fades and skin heals properly.
- 4-6 weeks skin is healed revealing the pigment below because its now translucent.
- 5-7 days afterwards the pigment appears very dark. The client often fears they will stay that way.
- After care is 70% of the treatment success. If not, you may lose 80-100% of hair strokes.
- Take good care of your brows for the best results.